Friday, June 16, 2006

Just a quickie...

Wow... so it's been nearly 2 weeks since my last post.
I wish I had more to talk about, but to tell you the truth... I really don't.

I have yet to get a taste of this year's pre-draft workouts (likely because with the #1 pick, it's a whole lot more high-profile stuff - and the Fan's lead guy doesn't want to take a break. Understandable.)

So here I sit... A week back from my trip overseas... as tanned as an Albino.
OK, Maybe that's a touch extreme.

==
Anyone see Game 4 last night? Yeah, me neither. I was talking with some of the guys at the gym, trying to disect why the interest in this series has gone down (at least for us). I still maintain that I love Wade, but hate the Heat... and I want the Mavs to keep sticking it to South Beach, but obviously over the last 2 games that hasn't happened.

Maybe it's all the David Hasselhoff chants.

What if Dirk hit that Free Throw in game 3??

I knew he wouldn't. I felt it. It felt like gas.
Now the Mavs need to play one more in Miami (after another 2 days in between), before fleeing back to their home court, where Mark Cuban actually blends in.
==
So Michael Jordan's officially a part-owner in the NBA... good for him. Great for the Bobcats. That team needs more excitement than just trying to determine when Emeka Okafor will get over his next ankle injury. If I were a Bobcats fan (and I am... but I mean, if I lived in Charlotte), I'd be biting my nails, hoping they do not draft Adam Morrison. I really don't understand how this guy's getting attention as a top pick.

Rumour sites are saying everyone wants the Raps pick to take Morrison. WHY?!?
In a time when the league is more athletic than ever (so much so, that true "centers" are getting fast-breaked out of the league), why go for a guy who admittedly can't play defense, and can't take guys off the dribble.

Yeah, he's got a plethora of offensive moves... and could create his own shot in college... but this ain't no Gonzaga. This is the bigs, with bench players that are easily capable of shutting him down.

I also agree with Doug Smith's note that it appears Morrison might have already reached his ceiling (as in, how much more can he improve?).
==
My hopes for the Raptors still involve trading down... getting a point guard in return, and drafting either Marcus Williams (I don't care if his stock is falling) or Sheldon Williams.

I don't like the prospect of trading Charlie V... or Mo Pete for that matter.
But in an off-season in which even Hoffa can find a new home... anything can happen.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Hey Zack, Welcome home im sure u hada a blast. The playoffs got interesting once again when miami played "rileyball" last night. My mock draft is up on my blog so drop by and give your thoughts also let me know if u are free to join in a live blog on draft day..
speak to u soon

FC said...

morrison at 1 is a stretch by all people's imagination. it's such a stretch that i pay it no attention (although i do take it as an insult that nbadraft.net has us taking him at 1).

aldridge. athelete big who contributes immediately? done.

bargnani? at #1? if he IS taken there, then he MUST be worth the pick. i trust (new) management enough to believe that they know who it is they're getting.

i see aldridge, and a draft day trade to orlando for their pick and deshawn stevenson. but i'm just pulling poo out of my rectum and flinging it.