Thursday, November 09, 2006

Cold-Blooded Bosh

Jordan's got “the Shot.” You don't need to remind any Cavs fans about that. And granted, last night's game against Philly meant nothing more than bragging rights and a 'W'... but when Chris Bosh drilled that 3 over Chris Webber with 6.1 seconds left... and the shot clock winding down...

Oh Dear!

My co-worker, sitting up in the press-box with me, did a dragon punch (for those unfamiliar, it is essentially a jumping, spinning uppercut)... The fellow from 'SportsTicker' sitting to my left belted out a “Holy Sh!t”... while I just smiled, shook my head, and said just above a whisper...

“Cold-blooded.”

106, 104

Bosh finished with 29 points and 14 rebounds – his third (straight) double-double (and first that didn't come by halftime) – while Joey Graham had a season-high 16 points (3 off his career-best).
TJ Ford, on the other hand, couldn't find a bucket if it was floating in a well in his backyard. He missed about a handful of lay-ups... more than few open shots (not including the ones he didn't take)... and missed 3 of 4 free-throws down the stretch.

--
I went to practice today, but nothing eventful happened, so I'm going to bring it back to last night...
--

After the game, I spoke to Joey first... everyone asked about his confidence... I needed a soundbite.
“How about that huge three from Chris?”
“That was humongous for us. The play was kinda busted, and everybody was kinda scrambling around. So Chris came, popped-up, and made a good play for us. We definitely needed it.”

Among other questions... this would be my theme of the night. And since I'm tired, those will be the quotes I will give you.

Onto Freddy Jones. No one was talking to him, so I figured I'd slip over while waiting for Bosh. Plus, we had talked about fantasy hoops before the game, so... might as well throw a little chatter afterwards, too.

...fast forward 3 questions, to my final inquiry:

“That was quite the play from Bosh at the end there... thoughts from the bench?” (He had fouled out a few minutes earlier)
“Big shot for a big time player. I think that gave us some confidence, and made him more confident in himself... you know, that he's the leader of this team, and when it comes down the stretch... he wants those shots, and he wants us to come through him. He proved he can handle it.”

As if there was any doubt.

==
I'm going to the morning shoot-around to conduct an in depth one-on-one with Pape Sow about his injury, and his inspirational recovery process.

Wanna hear it?

I'll air it in full on my DEBUT Talk Show... Saturday night @ 8:40, on the Fan 590.

8 comments:

Nat said...

Zack... whats shakin...
long time i havent posted a comment, i been so wrapped up with work n ish but i have been reading the blog regularly.. im glad u are writing more often.
Cold Blooded (in rick james voice) was sooo true, was at the game going nuts.
Can u make an mp3 of your show?
I will be at the the leafs game on sat so i am going to miss it but i wanna hear so let me know. Tonights game should be fun i hope we can somewhat contain Joe Johnson...
Any inside info as to what happened to mo pete in the 2nd half last game?

Zack Cooper said...

Speculation leads me to believe that he went with Joey, just because he liked the aggression, and added size, provided.

Mo wasn't doing much, other than hoisting up shots... while Graham was active, and actually matching up against Philly's 4's.

So, no inside info... just my thoughts.

As for the .mp3 ... I've had requests, but with it being such a long show... not sure what's going to happen.

I'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

That shot was bananas. I think i pulled a dragon punch as well. hahahahaha. "Coldblooded" would have been better to say, but only in a dave chappelle, rick james voice.

Anonymous said...

I dont blame you for not wanting to write muhc about the past road trip...

It was pretty bad...

Zack Cooper said...

yeah, as much as it would be so easy to fall back on the excuse of 'it's just been so ugly'... I've actually had all of one day off between that Philly game and now.

And even now I'm rushing off to work.

But lots of work leads to opportunity... and a new one has been doled out to me:

TOMORROW / THURSDAY, I'll be on the Panel for RAPTORS FULL COURT PRESS. Live, 2pm - 3pm on RapsTV.

Check it out.

Nat said...

Zack! I am curently watchin the repeat ep of FCP on raps tv... u holding your own... very nicely done man. Congrats... where u going to be at the indy game ill be a couple rows back in 118 so let me know if u sittin downstairs

Zack Cooper said...

Nat... not sure where I'm sitting. I usually don't know until about an hour before game-time.

But I assume, with it being Indy, that I'll be courtside.

Here's to hoping.

FC said...

shit, i go away from the world for a couple weeks, check back in and you're taking over the planet.

awesome